Once the weather cools down, throw blankets are one of my favorite things to have around the house. I love bundling up on the sofa to watch a show with my husband, read a good book, or take an afternoon nap over the weekend.
Throws are also a great way to bring pattern into your home and can be styled so many ways.
Below I've rounded up my top 10 ways to style them.
1) Fold it over the back of your sofa the long way. This works great with patterned sofas as well as plain - just keep the scale of the patterns different.
2) Drape it down the center of your sofa for all over pattern. It's a nice way to test out a patterned upholstery look without the commitment.
3) Place it on the arm of your sofa. You can keep it folded or drape it.
4) Hang it from a ladder.
5) Add softness to a wooden chair.
6) Layer it on an armchair.
7) Cover an ottoman without reupholstering.
8) Create a stack to display your favorite pieces.
9) Fold it over your headboard for a new look--it's a great way to change things up for the seasons. Go for something light and airy in the spring and thing cozy textures for fall with woven and knit wools.
10) Lay it at the end of the bed to update a white bed.
What's your favorite way to use a throw? Share it below.
Photography by Lydia Hudgens.