I always envision I will host more dinner parties and gatherings at home, but the truth is life often gets busy and those perfect plans don't happen. More often than not I see my friends at impromptu times when one of us texts the other and swings by for a quick visit after work. I don't know about you but my home isn't usually picture perfect for those times! Good friends don't mind of course, but here are my top 5 things I try and do before someone pops by.
1) Refill your water filter. Offering your friend a fresh glass of water when they arrive is always appreciated.
2) Light a candle. Fragrance is an everyday luxury.
3) Wipe down the bathroom sink. It's a quick fix that makes a big difference. While you're at it get the bathroom mirror too!
4) Tidy your coffee table. Having a small basket on hand can be a quick place to store items in a pinch.
5) If you have time, buy fresh flowers. They brighten any space.
What are your tips? Share them below.