"Artists are intuitive. They wait for inspiration. That's what art is about, the intuitive, not the intellectual. Art about ideas stimulates ideas, but art that comes from inspiration stimulates feelings of happiness, innocence, and beauty."
- Agnes Martin
This week has been a pretty exciting one because on Monday we received new samples for our Fall 18 collection. There is so much going on in the studio at the moment so this was a nice way to start off the week. I love getting to see the process of how our product is made from start to finish (this is one of my favorite parts of my job). We have a lot of new things in development at the moment so stay tuned! We can't wait to share with all of you soon so for now, here are some of my favorite places to look for and spark inspiration.
Museums and Archives:
- Met Museum Online Collection
- American Folk Art Online Collection
- BLUE: The Tatter Textile Library - A beautiful textile library in Gowanus
- Kiosk Archive - This is an online collection of design objects collected by former set designer and prop stylist, Alisa Grifo her husband Marco ter Haar Romeny.
- Museum of the City of New York
- Artist & Craftsman – This is a classic art supply store which also has random trinkets.
- Goods for the Study – Here you can find some really nice pens and notebooks.
- CW Pencil Enterprise – A charming store that is filled with pencils from Japan to India to Pakistan to all over.
- Stevdan Stationers – Stevdan is a classic NYC stationary store. I try to support them as much as I can. Every time I go I grab their business card and will share it with my friends so I can spread the word.