1. Change your pillowcases. A fresh color or pattern on your pillowcases can change how you see the rest of your bedding.
2. Try out a decorative pillow. I’m personally more of a minimalist when it comes to pillows on the bed, but just one decorative pillow can change the whole look of the bed. Try out a long lumbar for maximum impact.
3. Add a throw to the end of your bed. It’s an easy change that can bring color, texture, or pattern onto the bed.
4. Try a new paint color. Soft muted pink or even moody navy can totally change the look of your space. You can start with the wall behind the bed and see how it feels before painting the entire room.
6. A large headboard pillow is hefty enough to provide support reading in bed and is super cozy too.
7. Artwork. A painting or photograph can become a nice focal point above the bed, but you can also consider a woven wall hanging, rug, quilt, or embroidered textile.
8. Add a bench to the end of your bed. If you have room, it can change the look of a space and provide extra seating.
9. Change your lighting. Good lighting can make all the difference in a space. If you only have overhead lighting try out table lamps on either side of the bed. Bringing the lighting down helps it feel cozy. A patterned lampshade on an existing lamp is a great way to give it new life.
10. Add a small piece of fabric, like a vintage scarf, to the top of your night side table. A small detail like this can be a nice way to change up an existing piece of furniture.