We inspire through design. By creating patterns and palettes that activate and reflect people’s interior worlds, we invite them to experience the deep pleasure of finding expression in their environment.
Designer, Full time position
President and Creative Director (CHS)
Marketing and Sales Director (NYC)
This position is all about inspiring our customer to create beautiful, patterned spaces through design. Success in this role means creating textiles, wallpapers, graphics and visuals that spark creativity for the interior designers we work with. It also means ownership of your responsibilities, open team communication, and curiosity to learn.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Visual Assets + Graphic Design:
- Assist the Creative Director with ensuring our brand vision is inspiring and executed consistently across all our channels.
- Design visual assets for our digital and physical marketing initiatives based on brand guidelines and direction from Marketing and Sales Director including emails, printed materials and website graphics.
- Design and maintain internal documents for the RA team.
- Work with professional freelance photographers for shot lists, visual plan, and styling of product and mood photography.
- Render pillows and wallpaper product photos using existing templates.
- Organize photography on Dropbox or digital asset management software.
- Scan and clean up artwork. Create repeat and production ready files. Work with freelance design support as needed.
- Brief designs for production with vendors. This could be as simple as communicating with a vendor on colors for a print, or more involved briefs for a finished product with many steps.
- Create and maintain production sample organization and fabric archive/library.
- With support of Operations Manager, ensure that we are hitting deadlines to keep on pace for product launches.
- Schedule daily content for company Instagram and Pinterest.
- Take supplementary photography and video that tell the story of RA in our studio from design and product development to use on social.
- Use released earned content that fits brand guidelines across marketing channels where possible; website install photos, Instagram, email newsletters, Pinterest, etc.
- Prepare drafts of blog posts.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in a creative position.
- You believe the story of design and production is just as important as the final product.
- Experience with: Adobe Suite, in particular Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Employer subsidized Health, Vision, and Dental Insurances
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and “Designer” in the subject.
- Resume and cover letter including which one of our values resonates with you the most and how you see it applying to the role.
- Creative portfolio
- Please list an example of a blog that you love from an aesthetic and content view, as well as a newsletter and business Instagram account you find inspiring.
- Two references