Operations and Studio Manager
Rebecca Atwood Designs
We inspire through design. By creating patterns and palettes that activate and reflect people’s interior worlds, we invite them to experience the deep pleasure of finding expression in their environment.
Operations + Studio Manager; Full time position
Vice-President + General Counsel
Operations + Customer Service Associate
Rebecca Atwood Designs is seeking an organized and enthusiastic individual to join our team as our Operations & Studio Manager. We are looking for a systematic thinker who will enjoy taking ownership of day-to-day operations. This person will manage our inventory, production, and order fulfillment systems and provide project management for team-wide initiatives and new collection development. This person will also play a key role in setting up and managing our new office in Charleston, SC.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Manage our inventory & order fulfillment systems; software includes Unleashed and ShipStation.
- Actively review order fulfillment systems, production processes, coordination with vendors, and key operations performance metrics and ensure process improvement strategies are identified and implemented.
- Supervise Operations + Customer Service Associate; provide mentorship, training, and guidance.
- Manage our inventory of finished goods, production materials, fabric and wallpaper swatches, and order fulfillment supplies.
- Ensure that new production orders are placed so that minimum inventory levels of warehoused fabrics, swatches, and production materials are maintained.
- Liaise with our warehouse coordinator(s) and vendors to ensure accurate and efficient order fulfillment and maintain strong relationships.
- Coordinate with Sales + Showroom Manager to ensure that the New York Showroom has inventory of finished goods, and fabric and wallpaper swatches.
- Maintain company records for the fabric and wallpaper lines (color names, sku number, etc.); communicate updates to the sales and marketing teams.
- Update and maintain the operations team’s internal resources and manuals.
- Provide project management for new collection development; create and manage development calendar to ensure new collections are on track for their respective launch dates.
- Order and track development samples and new collection products.
- Prepare product costing reports for all new collections.
- Responsible for coordinating operations, marketing, and sales teams to ensure successful rollout of new products and collections.
- Serve as the point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, deliveries, supplies, and equipment; delegate tasks, as appropriate, to the Operations Associate.
- Manage inventory of office supplies; ensure that items are replenished before they are completely depleted.
- Initiate and participate in contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers.
- Keep files organized on our electronic servers that relate to the studio, operations, and production.
- Ensure that all invoices and bills are directed to our bookkeeper.
- Prepare weekly bookkeeping reports.
- Ensure that the studio is kept organized and clean.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 4-6 years in operations and production roles, with experience in the home product or interior design industries preferred.
- 2 or more years of successful supervisory experience.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Empathy and an ability to understand the needs of customers, vendors, and team members.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and management skills.
- Experience with Unleashed, Shopify, and ShipStation (or similar programs) – preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles – preferred.
- Employer subsidized Health, Vision, and Dental Insurances
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume and cover letter including which one of our values resonates with you the most and how you see it applying to the role.
- Two references.
- Please include your name and “Operations Manager” in the subject line.