We create products to inspire unique and beautiful spaces. All our prints and patterns can be effortlessly mixed and matched to tell your story. Our pieces are approachable, unique, ethically made, and waiting for your personal touch.
Role Title: Operations Assistant
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Sunset Park, Brooklyn*
*Please note that this position includes responsibilities such as shipping and general office/operations support that must be completed on site in our Brooklyn studio. Some additional responsibilities may be performed remotely with managerial approval due to the COVID-19 pandemic. When onsite, all individuals are required to comply with applicable health and safety regulations related to COVID-19. Further details are available upon request.
This position’s purpose is to provide our customers with the best possible experience through operational support, which includes handling order fulfillment, advising the sales team on production and fulfillment details, and assisting the operations manager with general operational and office needs.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Ensure all orders are accurately entered, submitted to the appropriate vendor, and tracked until all items are received by the customer.
- Create purchase orders for all products, as needed, and submit to the appropriate vendor.
- Ensure shipment details such as addresses, requested shipping speeds, sidemarks, and any other important details are accurate.
- Keep track of all orders not immediately fulfilled and keep relevant parties up to date on any production delays.
- Coordinate custom orders with vendors.
- Fulfill orders from the studio for items such as swatches, books, and press gifts.
- Coordinate with the sales team and vendors if customer service issues arise.
Inventory Management and Production:
- Ensure inventory software is up to date with accurate inventory levels.
- Coordinate with production vendors and monitor open purchase orders for delays or other updates.
- Monitor inventory levels of warehoused items for low stock and replenish inventory according to reorder guidelines.
- Manage swatch inventory at the studio, proactively replenishing stock when low.
- Manage and conduct periodic physical inventory counts.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts for our inventory- and fulfillment-related technology by engaging each platform’s respective support team and reviewing online resources.
Sales Team and Showroom Support:
- Communicate order fulfillment details, production lead time updates, and other information the sales team may need to relay to customers.
- Respond to general email inquiries and forward emails to appropriate departments.
- Answer external showroom sales representative’s questions regarding inventory, production, capabilities, and other order specifics.
General Operational Support:
- Support the operations manager in liaising with the warehouse coordinator(s) on a regular basis to ensure satisfactory order production and fulfillment.
- Review order fulfillment processes and propose solutions for any issues.
- Serve as the point person for studio-related needs such as answering the phone when onsite, maintenance of office supplies, arranging professional cleaning, and any other general office needs.
- Maintain the operations team’s internal resources and manuals.
- Keep files organized and up to date that relate to operations, inventory, and production.
- Participate in team-wide activities, discussions, and resource development including brainstorms, workshops, and invitations for feedback.
- Contribute to a caring and growth-oriented team culture.
- High School graduate.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Interest in operations + production.
- Must be able to keep track of instructions and implement them as needed.
- Empathy and an ability to understand the needs of customers, vendors, and team members.
- Data entry experience — preferred.
- Customer service experience — preferred.
- Familiarity with Unleashed, Shipstation, Shopify, or monday.com — desired.
This job is for you if:
- You take pride in paying exceptional attention to detail in your work.
- You enjoy reconciling documents against each other to identify differences.
- You get satisfaction from double checking details and ensuring all instructions, requirements, or requests are executed correctly.
- You like having a physical component to your work or enjoy packing and shipping specifically.
- You are excited by the opportunity to delight customers when they unbox samples sent by you.
- You love organizing, trying new systems, and streamlining processes.
- You view devising better systems or solving a customer service problem as creative work.
- You’re looking for a job you can grow with.
- You appreciate home decor.
This job is not for you if:
- You want to be a designer.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter.
In your cover letter, please address which of our company values resonates with you most and how you see it applying to the role.
Please include your name and “Operations Hire” in the subject.