Operations + Customer Service Associate
We inspire through design. By creating patterns and palettes that activate and reflect people’s interior worlds, we invite them to experience the deep pleasure of finding expression in their environment.
Role Title: Operations + Customer Service Associate; Full time position
Reports to: Operations and Studio Manager
Location: Charleston, SC
Rebecca Atwood Designs is seeking an organized and detail-oriented individual to join our team as our Operations + Customer Service Associate. We are looking for someone who will provide our customers with the best possible experience through operational support, which includes processing order fulfillment, proactively addressing order fulfillment issues, advising the sales team on production and fulfillment details, and assisting the Operations + Studio Manager with general operational and office needs.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Ensure all orders are accurately entered, submitted to the appropriate vendor, and tracked until all items are received by the customer.
- Create purchase orders for all products, as needed, and submit to the appropriate vendor.
- Ensure shipment details such as addresses, requested shipping speeds, sidemarks, and any other important details are accurate.
- Keep track of all orders not immediately fulfilled and keep relevant parties up to date on any production and/or shipping delays.
- Troubleshoot customer service issues when they arise and provide solutions for the sales team and customers.
- Coordinate custom orders with vendors.
- Fulfill orders from the studio for items such as swatches, books, and press gifts.
- Update CRM software with customer/order information.
Inventory Management and Production:
- Ensure inventory software is up to date with accurate inventory levels.
- Coordinate with production vendors and monitor open purchase orders for delays or other updates.
- Monitor inventory levels of warehoused items for low stock and replenish inventory according to reorder guidelines.
- Monitor swatch inventory at the studio, proactively replenishing stock when low.
- Manage and conduct periodic physical inventory counts.
- Troubleshoot our inventory- and fulfillment-related technology by engaging each platform’s respective support team and reviewing online resources.
Sales Team and Showroom Support:
- Communicate order fulfillment details, production lead time updates, and other information the sales team may need to relay to customers.
- Respond to general email inquiries and forward emails to appropriate departments.
- Answer external showroom sales representative’s questions regarding inventory, production, capabilities, and other order specifics.
General Operational Support:
- Support the Operations Manager in liaising with the warehouse coordinator(s) on a regular basis to ensure satisfactory order production and fulfillment.
- Review order fulfillment processes and propose solutions for any issues.
- Serve as the point person for studio-related needs such as answering the phone when onsite and maintaining office supplies.
- Support the Operations Manager with office maintenance and organization.
- Keep files organized and up to date that relate to operations, inventory, and production.
- Participate in team-wide activities, discussions, and resource development including brainstorms, workshops, and invitations for feedback.
- Contribute to a caring and growth-oriented team culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-4 years in operations or order fulfillment roles.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Empathy and an ability to understand the needs of customers, vendors, and team members.
- Data entry experience.
- Customer service experience – preferred.
- Familiarity with Unleashed, ShipStation, Shopify, or monday.com – desired.
This job is for you if:
- You take pride in paying exceptional attention to detail in your work.
- You enjoy reconciling documents against each other to identify differences.
- You get satisfaction from double checking details and ensuring all instructions, requirements, or requests are executed correctly.
- You like having a physical component to your work, packing and shipping specifically.
- You are excited by the opportunity to delight customers when they unbox samples sent by you.
- You love organizing, trying new systems, and streamlining processes.
- You view devising better systems or solving a customer service problem as creative work.
- You’re looking for a job you can grow with.
- You appreciate home decor.
This job is not for you if:
- You want to be a designer.
- Employer subsidized Health, Vision, and Dental Insurances
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Email the following to email@example.com:
- Resume and cover letter including which one of our values resonates with you the most and how you see it applying to the role;
- Two references.
- Please include your name and “Operations Associate” in the subject line.