Graphic Design Marketing Assistant
Rebecca Atwood Designs
We create products to inspire unique and beautiful spaces. All our prints and patterns can be effortlessly mixed and matched to tell your story. Our pieces are approachable, unique, ethically made and waiting for your personal touch.
Graphic Design Marketing Assistant, Full time position
Nellie Laskow, Marketing and Sales Director
Rebecca Atwood, President and Creative Director
This position is all about inspiring our customer to create beautiful, patterned spaces through visual storytelling. Success in this role means creating aspirational but accessible graphics, imagery, and visuals that spark creativity for the user. It also means ownership of your responsibilities, open team communication, and curiosity to learn.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Visuals + Graphic Design:
- Assist the Creative Director with ensuring our brand vision is inspiring and executed consistently. This will include doing visual research and creating mood boards.
- Design the visuals for our digital and physical marketing channels based on brand guidelines and direction from Marketing anad Sales Director including:
- Design and maintain weekly and automation emails for our subscribers
- Design and maintain internal and external documents including but not limited to: Line sheets, Product documents, Outreach printed materials, packaging, swatch card backs, internal bi-annual reports product reports, and team resources
- Hand paint cards for special customer, press, or vendor notes.
- Research concepts for in person visual experience including store, trade show booths and events.
- Plan out content for company Instagram feed and stories and publish it Monday-Friday.
- Schedule publishing of all visual content to Pinterest including earned content, blog posts, new product, and mood shots.
- Gather and organize earned content from social media, interior designers and press.
- Use earned content that fits brand guidelines across channels where possible; website install photos, Instagram, email newsletters and Pinterest
- As agreed with Marketing and Sales Director and time allows, write drafts of blog posts related to company values that most resonate
- Take photos that tell the story of RA in our studio, showroom or otherwise to use across various channels from design and product development through the finished product.
- Take product photography for each collection when possible, and/or render pillows and wallpaper.
- Work with professional freelance photographers for product and mood shots.
- Research concepts and plan shot lists for photo shoots in collaboration with team.
- Style shoots with support of Creative/Director.
- Organize photography on Dropbox
- Size product and mood photography for PDPs and other areas of the website including the banner image and other main pages.
Product Development Responsibilities:
- Support the Creative Director as needed with development of new collections, if time allows.
General Studio/Office Management:
- Create and keep up with production sample organization and fabric archive/library.
- Keep files organized on our Dropbox server related to design and creative including collection folders, artwork archive, and photography.
- Help with general office tidiness.
- Brainstorm activities for quarterly and monthly creative team time and ensure this gets planned into calendar.
- Uphold company’s core values and image
- Maintain a professional and open line during all correspondence
- Keep all design work, related documents, and correspondence secure and, where relevant, backed-up
This job is for you if:
- You have 1-2 years of experience in a creative position
- You believe the story of design and production is just as important as the final product.
- You see social media as a place for inspiration as well as conversation.
- You like to test the waters to see what works best and aren’t afraid to try new things.
- You get a thrill seeing your work in print, on instagram, or emailed to 80,000 customers
- You love to brainstorm ways to visually represent a feeling, mood, concept, or collection
- You like to work within a small team and want to grow with the company
- You love interiors and home
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, portfolio and cover letter including an example of a blog that you love from an aesthetic and content view, as well as a brand instagram account you find inspiring. Please include your name and 'Creative Hire' in the subject.